Electric cigarette explodes in man’s mouth

AN electric cigarette has exploded in a Florida man’s mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth, a fire official says.
North Bay Fire Department Fire Chief Butch Parker says it appears the cigarette’s battery exploded while the man was smoking on Tuesday.

The chief likened it to a sky rocket going off in the man’s mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.

Mr Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.

Authorities don’t know what model cigarette it was.

The victim is being treated at a burn unit.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s